EVENTS & PUBLICATIONS
Webinar, March 7, 2017 - Howard Madill and Laura Darling, British Columbia Ministry of Environment, "Offsetting for Caribou - Policy and Regulatory Perspective: British Columbia Government"
Webinar, February 22, 2017 - Jennifer Barker, TransCanada Pipelines, "Offsetting in Caribou Range: The NGTL Experience"
Webinar, February 9, 2017 - Ken Corcoran, Canadian Wildlife Service, Environment and Climate Change Canada, and Marcus Eyre, National Energy Board, "Offsetting for Caribou: The Federal Regulatory Perspective"
Webinar, January 25, 2017 - Nikki Way , Pembina Institute, "The Potential Role of Offsets in the Mitigation Hierarchy for Caribou Conservation in Alberta"
Webinar, January 11, 2017 - Tom Habib, Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute, and Marian Weber, InnoTech Alberta Inc., "Economic and Cost Considerations in Offsetting for Caribou Habitat"
Webinar, January 5, 2017 - Michael Cody, Cenovus, and John Peters, Silvacom, "Conservation Offset Insights from the LiDea and Algar Caribou Habitat Restoration Projects"
Webinar, December 13, 2016 - Christine Robichaud, Wildlife Biologist, Golder Associates "Biodiversity Offsets and Caribou Conservation: Opportunities and Challenges"
Webinar, October 21, 2016 - Dave Poulton, Executive Director, AACO "Conservation Offsetting 101 - An Introduction"
Webinar, June 29, 2016 - Thorsten Hebben, Section Head, Surface Water Policy, Alberta Environment and Parks, "Update on Alberta Wetlands Management"
Webinar, February 4, 2016 - Todd Zimmerling (ACA), "Review of a 2011 Offset Proposal: Do We Need to Revisit the K.I.S.S. Principle?"
Workshop "Public Lands, Private Conservation: Bridging the Gap", Edmonton, Alberta, October 20, 2015
- Background Paper (1 MB)
- Workshop Summary Report - Ver 1.1 (750 KB)
- Presentation Slides
- Introduction (650 KB)
- Dave Poulton “Public Lands, Private Conservation: Current Situation, Challenges and Opportunities” (1 MB)
- Marian Weber “ Considerations for Public Lands Offsets” (600 KB)
- Carla Gomez Wichtendahl “Property Rights and Biodiversity Offsets on Public Lands” (2 MB)
- Scott Grindal “Public Lands, Private Conservation: Perspectives from the Oil and Gas Sector” (3 MB)
- Gord Whitmore “Conservation on Public Lands: Forest Industry Perspective” (10 MB)
- “Biodiversity Offsets in Alberta: The Land Trusts’ Point of View” (2 MB)
- Introduction (650 KB)